Gift Guide 2016
By Amy Witt
Can you believe it is already that time of the year? The holidays are here! I have researched far and wide to provide you with some cool gift ideas guaranteed to put a smile on someone’s face. From the cowboys and cowgirls, to the hunter and fisher, to the chef and weekend warrior, to the outdoor gourmet, I am confident that you will find something you love! Let the joyous unwrapping chaos begin!
· Some gold ol’ deerskin work gloves – These are essential on a working ranch, garden, or anywhere to protect your hands. – American Heritage – Made in the USA sells a variety of styles and sizes from xx-small to xxx-large.
· Wild Rags – My friends over at Buck Wild Rags, made in the USA, Bakersfield, CA. have a huge variety of wild rag scarves for men and women – they will be at the Western Gift Show at South Point during WSTR
· Bits/Spurs – We have an abundant of options, but if you are looking for something personalized, contact a bit/spur maker. Kain Garcia and Matt Humphreys are some outstanding silversmiths. Laddan Ledbetter is exceptional for custom belt buckles and rings.
· Custom shirts/jackets/vest – Hale on Earth, my dear friend Mckenzie Hale can create anything you could desire. Emmylou Gomes can also hand embroiderer or paint on your items.
· Muck Boots – “Hosier Classic” is a high quality affordable brand. Waterproof, warm, and sturdy…we all need a pair!
· Custom Saddle Pad – Best Ever Pads, Made in the USA, will custom design any pad to you likings.
· Cooking supplies – New pots/pans for the chef in your life. I am dying over the KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer – in turquoise!
· Hunting Calls – Hadden Hailers makes exceptional handmade hunting calls from California wood supplied by Witt Hardwoods.
· Knife – All cowboys and cowgirls need a pocket knife or skinning knife. Case Knives provide functional and durable, not to mention fun and beautiful pocket knives. AK Custom Knives can custom design any knife for that special someone in your life.
·Turquoise – Vicki Turbeville sells high quality vintage turquoise for both men and women.
A special gift is a DIY (Do it yourself) gift handmade by you from the heart. Ideas can include jewelry, wooden boxes, tack, leather accessories, or even something you baked or cooked. If you are stumped on some DIY projects, search Pinterest for some stellar ideas. Don’t forget the best gift of all is being in the presence of your loved ones, gathered around the fire filled with happy hearts and full tummies.
1. Buck Wild Rags - http://www.buckwildrags.com/
2. Outlaw Waterject & Designs: Matt Humphrey's - http://www.outlawwaterjetdesign.com/spurs.html
3. Hale on Earth: Mckenzie Hale: https://www.facebook.com/Hale-on-Earth-259677867441714/?fref=ts
4. HaddenHailers Duck and Goose Calls: http://www.haddenhailers.com/
6. Kitchen Aide: http://www.kitchenaid.com/shop/:%20http://www.kitchenaid.com/shop/-[KSM150PSER]-400120/KSM150PSER/
7. Best Ever Pads: https://www.besteverpads.com/product/desert-rose-equine/
8. AK Custom Knives: http://www.akcustomknives.com/
9. Emmylou Gomes: https://www.facebook.com/emmylou.jeffreys?fref=ts
10. Case Knives: http://www.wrcase.com/index_en.php
11. Vicky Turbeville: http://vickiturbeville.com/
12. Ladden Ledbetter: http://www.laddan.com/
13. Red Wing Heritage Buckskin Leather Gloves: http://www.backcountry.com/red-wing-heritage-buckskin-leather-gloves?CMP_SKU=HTG000G&MER=0406&skid=HTG000G-BN-S&CMP_ID=PLA_GOc001&mv_pc=r101&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PLA&mr:trackingCode=1CE114D6-7546-E511-80F1-005056944E17&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=plaonline&mr:ad=79923399637&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:tid=pla-151438106677&mr:ploc=9031699&mr:iloc=&mr:store=&mr:filter=151438106677&gclid=Cj0KEQiAqK-zBRC2zaXc8MOiwfIBEiQAXPHrXmPzPAfucAMYzBMV9y22cJWLRIK_VEo_pAMo9fy60VQaAib38P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
14. Kain Garcia: https://www.facebook.com/Garcia-Bits-Spurs-181134585243356/?pnref=about.overview
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Photos Courtesy of Companies